XENIA!

iskanda

Re: XENIA!

Berichtdoor iskanda » zo 11 jan 2015, 20:12

Thanks to the efforts of Peter and with the help of Bas, the webside is now translated to Dutch:
http://truly-coffee.de/index.php/nl/

There are only a few exceptions (like the history of the machine). If there are any question: feel free to ask me.

iskanda

Berichtdoor iskanda » wo 25 feb 2015, 14:07

In the meantime the features of the machine are widely discussed in th egerman forum. With the support of several member of the forum some improvements have been made and we will produce a next prototype.

Based on the support/work of 2 physicists (calculation based on a model) the thermic system was optimized to get more control over the brewing process.

We also decided to develop a new control unit. The main reason for the idea, is the EU edict 801 which forces coffee machines to go to a stand-by mode after 30 minutes. The machine will be able to do it, but the user can change the time (or switch it off).
Basically there is 1 board which handles all usual functions (water level, seleniod valves, a.s.o).
There also a kind of optional extension board which handles Solidstaterelais, PT100, PID-function, aso.
The control unit is developed based on the Arduino project.
Who like technical details (and understand german) can read about the details here: http://truly-coffee.de/index.php/de/steuerung" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We decided finally to produce the machine. Actually we can't say anything about date. But as soon as possible. However: quality and save function is having priority.

bvds

Berichtdoor bvds » do 26 feb 2015, 11:49

Great news and wonderful to see this innovative machine coming.
Good luck with the effort!
Bas
Espresso: Elektra MCAL / Olympia Cremina '82 / Cafelat Robot / Niche Zero / Eureka XL
Filter: Hario V60 / Chemex / Delter / Melodrip / Comandante MK3 Nitroblade / MK Vario + Ditting steel burrs

iskanda

Berichtdoor iskanda » za 08 aug 2015, 07:37

As we are about to plan the production of our machine, I want to post some pictures of one of the latest prototypes. Further information (about the timeline, available options, a.s.o.) and pictures will follow.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

turboyeast

Berichtdoor turboyeast » za 08 aug 2015, 09:32

Dear Holger,
Congrats, really good looking machine. I admire your persistence in getting this project off the ground. We could ask for pros/cons as compared to the jungle of other machines on the market. However, perhaps a thorough independent review of the machine by respected forum members is of much value for future interestees. I am sure that you will find a member available to critically review your machine... :D Consider Bas (bvds) for example, and I can be his humble assistant...
Cheers, TY
-------------------------------------------------------
Let's gobblefunk

iskanda

Berichtdoor iskanda » za 08 aug 2015, 12:16

Yes, why not. May be we can bring one day the machine as we want visit: http://www.vangoghmuseum.nl/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bvds

Berichtdoor bvds » za 08 aug 2015, 12:45

That museum is worth a visit definately!

The latest prototype looks quite nice and verry promosing. Only a matter of fine tuning the thermostability or?

And yes I would love to test your machine as you know already.

Good luck.

Ciao

Bas
Espresso: Elektra MCAL / Olympia Cremina '82 / Cafelat Robot / Niche Zero / Eureka XL

Filter: Hario V60 / Chemex / Delter / Melodrip / Comandante MK3 Nitroblade / MK Vario + Ditting steel burrs

iskanda

Berichtdoor iskanda » di 11 aug 2015, 05:54

yes, testing is done but we need to adapt the themostability to the new parts (which I got yesterday).

Some more pictures are here: https://www.facebook.com/Xenia.Espressomaschinen?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

About the testing: perfect - we will agree about a date. :)

Ricking08
Contacteer:

Berichtdoor Ricking08 » di 11 aug 2015, 14:10

Nothing technical here, but i couldnt help but to notice the watertank at the side of the machine. Does this indicate that there is no possibility for connecting the machine to the main water supply system? Or will there be some kind of connector added to the machine?

Furthermore, what are the chances of water spillage when retracting the waterreservoir, or when you put the waterreservoir back into the machine after refilling it?

Like I said; nothing technical, but nice to know i guess.

That said:
Damn what a beauty! I dont know anything about the inside of machines like the other members, but as a normal consumer i'd definetly buy this one on sight! Especially the version with the wooden parts...oh...my...god! :P :P :P
Rocket Giotto Evoluzione R, Fiorenzato F64 EVO, Hario V60, Aeropress, Siphon, Cafflano Klassic, Cafflano Kompact, Cafflano Kompresso, Vietnamese dripper,
Minos Handgrinder, Black Mamba teflon tamper, Motta afklopbak

turboyeast

Berichtdoor turboyeast » di 11 aug 2015, 14:19

yes, testing is done but we need to adapt the themostability to the new parts (which I got yesterday).
Some more pictures are here: https://www.facebook.com/Xenia.Espressomaschinen?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; About the testing: perfect - we will agree about a date. :)
Dear Holger,
This is such a great opportunity for members to do an independent review. Very exciting!
Again, I will be presenting myself as the humble servant of Bas (bvds).
Looking forward to Xenia in practice.

Thanks again, TY
-------------------------------------------------------

Let's gobblefunk

Terug naar “Semi-automaten”